UNIX and Apache
Notes and references on tricks that can be done server-side. As with all things here, this documentation is for personal reference, but you're welcome to snoop about.
- HTTP Response Codes
- Since it's difficult to find a reliable and comprehensive resource, I've put together my own list (Which, from some perspectives, is just as un-reliable and un-comprehensive).
- Server Log Analysis Basics
- Information about the kinds of data that are contained within server log files (combined log format).
- Automation via crontab
- A crontab provides instructions to the server to execute commands at certain times - ideal for routine maintenance and processing tasks.
- Stupid htaccess Tricks
- An htaccess file on UNIX/Apache servers can be used for a number of useful tricks, like serving custom error documents, blocking users by UP address, changing default directory pages, and other nifty things.
- HTTP Password Protection
- Notes on setting up password restriction on a Web server, directory, or subdirectory using standard HTTP techniques.